Saturday, May 5, 2012

Happy Feet, Happy Foraging

In my last post, I was collecting some dandelions, in this post, I'm going to show the shoes I was wearing while collecting the greens.



I made these last night from some fairly stiff, thick leather. I found the tutorial for them on;

http://www.invisibleshoe.com/how-to-make-huaraches/


I think they are now my favourite footwear. Within a couple hours of wearing, they had formed to the shape of my feet. They feel secure and comfortable. And they give the joy of walking barefoot, with protection against all the stones and prickles.

The leather bottoms will wear quickly on city concrete, so now I plan to experiment with adding a thin rubber bottom as well. However these will be great for out in the country.

I've had a couple of failed leather sandal/shoe designs recently, now its so nice to have one that turned out really well!

No comments:

Post a Comment