Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Importance Of Being...



"Wherever you go, there you are"



I came upon my current sit spot the other day while exploring a narrow path following a small ridge-line near where I'm living at the moment. It's been a short while since I've taken the time for this, and I've  been feeling the lack of this set aside time. As soon as I walked along the path and saw the bowl shaped depression with this one boulder halfway up the slope, i knew I had found a special place for myself. The kind of place where just being there sets you apart from all the usual in life. A place that calls upon you to sit quietly, listen to the birds, watch the trees in the wind, notice the wildflowers growing all around. A place where you can just be.



"All you need is to keep quietly alert, enquiring into the real nature of yourself" 
- Sri Nisargadatta Maharaj


I think its important to be able to take time to calm the mind and find peace within any lifestyle. It's important to always notice the beauty in all that is around you. For myself, a sit spot is a way of keeping present, wherever I am in the world. 

This is one place, where I find extraordinary beauty, at which I can get away from the usual,  sit, and watch the world around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment